Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pang seh Pang seh

Well, I dunno what got into me that I'm updating this so often. Haha.. Well today is the actual day for my mum's b'day. I got her a mango cake from bengawan solo and pushed away all my appointments to have dinner with her.. But she ended up shopping with my aunt at chinatown and called back to say they having dinner outside. So in the end I ate canned food (the ultra unhealthy type). Fancy getting pang seh'ed by your mum.. But its alright, its her birthday and what matters is that she's happy. She said she liked the earrings I got her. Though they weren't expensive but I thought they looked nice. She turns 49 today (or I shouldn't be saying this) and I think she deserves better from me.. Hopefully she can feel the effort I put in everyday to prepare dinner for her. So she can have nice soup at the end of a day of tiring work. Then my few hours of preparation will be worth the while.

Haha.. yesterday my dad was telling my mum how I was still joking after the extraction and everything was alright.. Luckily he didn't know it was just to put their hearts at ease.. Who could be in the mood to joke and laugh after extracting two wisdom teeth and when the pain got so bad it jolted me awake at 2am to eat painkillers. But all this teaches me: treasure and cherish your loved ones be they your family or friends. At least if I just leave suddenly one day, I had the opportunity to do something for them. I don't want to one day regret that I never been able to cook dinner for my family or make/buy things for my friends. Afterall, they deserve it! All of them!

No comments: