Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dental Dental

Life is often or maybe always, a crossroad of choices and every choice is like a wooden see-saw. While you get to enjoy the thrill at the top of one end, you also have to experience being at the bottom. Well, actually I'm not very sure why I started off with that but I did.

Anyway, today I attended my scheduled visit at Alexandra Hospital. It was supposed to be for a wisdom tooth extraction for my bottom left and right ones but after x-ray it showed that I had 2 upper ones too which weren't impacted like the bottom ones. For those who don't know, impacted means that the tooth is growing horizontally instead of vertically like normal. So the nurse advised that I remove all. I ended up extracting the top and bottom right ones. Well, my busy dad was so good to go down to help me sign the consent form and stay ALL the way until I finished. Love you Dad! The dentist was so rough she nearly cut the side of my mouth with the scalpel when she put it in but its over anyway. So now I have another appointment next friday at Jurong Medical Centre for the other two along with the removal of the other two wisdom teeth.

To be frank I am not exactly a fan of operations so I was quite nervous. My hands were icy cold (but that's normal) and after the operation I still had to smile cos I was afraid my dad might get worried. Then I sent a playful sms to my mum so she would think that I'm ok (if you can joke you should be alright). Really don't want them worrying, afterall this operation cost my dad's medisave $715 already and the next one another identical sum. My friends are all so caring, all sent sms-es to ask how I was doing. The only hassle now is that the wound keeps bleeding. I keep spitting out blackish-red blood and that is not because I'm poisoned or what but just that the blood is too concentrated. Been bleeding for 8 hours already and by the 6th hour I was actually quite dizzy from the loss of blood. Hopes it stops bleeding by tomorrow morning. I'm waking up at 5.30am for my next dose of medication and maybe cook some porridge for breakfast. I'm really starving but if I go cook something now then my parents would know so better not.

Anyway, I've thought of taking this time to see whether I can learn some cooking or try things out. Well, if I can't eat then my family gotta be the guinea pig! Keke. Hmm.. this year's CNY is together with V day, wonder how all the couples gonna celebrate.. Hope they have both a happy CNY and V day. I'll be in Malaysia during that time as usual, celebrating with my maternal side of the family. Well, till another time, this is Dixon signing off.. Haha.. so cliche..

No comments: