Thursday, October 8, 2009

The codewords of love

Some time ago a couple I know got into some argument and nearly broke up. Luckily everything worked out well in the end and they patched up but something in this struck me. Sometimes, things we say when in a relationship holds another meaning. Everything is about a different perspective. For example:

"I'm sorry" - It doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just means I care too much about you to risk this relationship.

Get the meaning? Sometimes one party in a relationship starts getting jealous but it just means the person cares so much about the other. When you are able to see through it and get the real meaning will you be able to appreciate the intents. But even so, words are still a powerful tool and be very careful on how you use them. Never use your mouth to hurt others but only to say "I love you".

I've been trying to help them see things in another perspective and hopefully things for them will only get better. Then I'll be really happy for them. May they be blessed in whatever they do.

No comments: