Monday, July 6, 2009

Strength to go on

I had the honour of having a discussion with a friend of mine on some issues of the heart. He told me he wanted to find a soulmate, someone whom he could really relate to and share his problems with. Haiz.. Who wouldn't want to find this special someone?

How I wish I could really find a soulmate too, someone to be my pillar of strength, a shoulder I could cry on, just somebody who could not tell me to stop crying but to just be there and hear me cry. I always believed that it was best if I share the joy with my friends but keep the sorrow for myself because often, the amount of sorrow that corrodes my soul is so large that it shocks even myself. I never want my friends to be affected by my sorrow and be sad too. I only want for them to be happy.

Yet my friend told me that I was wrong. A soulmate would want to share my sorrows. Even if at the end of the day nothing is solved, he just wants to know what I am going through. Slowly but surely he convinced me and I too started to hope for a soulmate. Yet at the same time I prayed that nobody would be so unfortunate to become that someone who had to share my sorrows. Now I hold that glimmer of hope that one day I might really find a soulmate. But do I really deserve one? With all that burden and pain and all that I have done, do I really deserve a special someone? Do I deserve this pillar of strength to press on in my life through all the tribulations and pain, sorrow and despair? I really don't know and I don't want to think about it. The very thought of this scares me. The only thing I can say is "Please, let me at least hold on to that hope".

1 comment:

KK said...

bao er... actually I used to think like you that don really need a soulmate wats the point of having when you going to make them sad or worried for you. But things like tat are hard to say and you never know when you really need someone there to listen to you cos i believe no matter how strong someone he/she is, still always need something to lean on and share their problems. You might not even know that the person is already there around you. So all the best and hope you could find your someone special some day.:)